Wednesday, June 24, 2009

DRUG REHABILITATION CENTERS NEEDED

I was doing my field work here in North Cotabato and I just can't help but notice that there are so many young kids ages from 8 to 14 years old sniffing rugby in hidden areas. They place the rugby into a plastic cellophane and place it under their shirts and from time to time the sniff it. This is a very alarming scene to see. Boys as young as this should not be doing this. They should be in school learning lessons that will help them build their future. Rugby sniffing is very addictive and destructive to a young child's brain. As I observed, there are very few rehabilitation centers for drug dependents here in the city where I am right now. If only the government can act immediately to end this addiction to rugby by kids, it would be best. As they say our children are the future of the nation. But when they are like this, addicted to substance, the nation will never have a bright future.