Saturday, April 9, 2011

EVENT COORDINATOR IS A GOOD SIDELINE

I was in a wedding this evening of my wife's cousin. The wedding was a simple ceremony, only close relatives were called to witness the event. The wedding started around 2:30 pm. Me and my wife were assigned for the veil of the bride and groom. It was a Christian wedding held at St. Jude Thaddeus. Unfortunately, me and my wife was not able to march the aisle because we were late. But we were still able to do the veil for the bride and groom.

After the church, we went to the reception area at Garden Oases at Obrero street. At the event area, I immediately noticed this lady doing the hosting for the event. I also noticed her at the church at the podium. She was an event coordinator and the wedding was her project. She was also the master of ceremonies. She was doing all the talking in the event. it was already the start of the eating portion when my wife told me that I will be the one to do the prayer before meals. I cannot decline because I was requested by the bride's brother to do the prayer.

In the entire wedding, I was thing that an event coordinator is a good sideline in these days. It is easy and planning for an event is easy when you have the skills of doing it. An event coordinator charge clients the minimum amount of 20,000 pesos and that a good money. Planning for an event would only take around 2 weeks and start implementing it. I feel that it is a lucrative business and I am willing to start doing it. Just for a career change.