Sunday, July 19, 2009

WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE A GOOD FACE

I was in the province the other week and this is an experience that I will never forget. I was standing, waiting for the bus going to Tacurong city. I noticed two visually challenged men sitting at the seats. I knew that they were blind because of their actions and gestures. Aside from that, they have their guide person and their stick with them. I pay little attention to their presence because it is already common for me to see these kind of people. They were also waiting for the bus and along with them is their guitar and piano organ. They were beggars and they travel to towns to perform and get little alms from the passing spectators.

As my bus arrived, I hurriedly to the bus loading area since there were so many waiting passengers. As I passed them, I noticed that they are not just blind but also have physical deformities. They don't have lips and their mouth were open. I was totally shocked of what I saw. I was speechless and my heart was broken of what I saw.

Immediately, I reflected. People go to the dermatologist or even plastic surgeon just to get their face beautiful. They have their complete face, eyes, nose, ears and mouth. They wanted to change it for them to look good in the eyes of the public. There are more people, majority are poor, need these kind of surgeries. They may be blind but they saw the world beautifully in their own world.