Friday, April 3, 2009

MY SISTER-IN-LAW'S NEW CAREER

Last Wednesday, my brother told me about the status of his wife. My sister-in-law is working as a medical representative for UCB Pharma. Just the other month, their company was bought by GLAXO. My sister-in-law worked for UCB for 8 years and in fact, she was one of the top performer last year for the company. After the buy-out, they were uncertain about their tenure with Glaxo, the buying company. Last monday, she went to Manila for a tarining seminar. But it not just that. Many of the medical representaives of UCB Pharma losed thier jobs, including my sister-in-law. Her car was recalled and she was given 7 days to dispose the car or else it will be taken by Glaxo. She receieved 300 thousand pesos as separation from the company. Their former company was very affected by the world financial crisis and this is the fruit of it. My sister-in-law has two kids. She is planning to open up her own business. She plans to operate a photocopier and fax office. But she is still thinking about with well. I haven't talked to her yet. But We will be visiting her at Uraya tomorrow evening.