Friday, April 3, 2009

WE HAVE TO BE WISE RIGHT NOW

This morning, a former co-employee of mine went back to our office. I thought she was just visiting but it was more than that. Just 2 months ago, he retired from working with our company at the age of 65, the retiring age. He was instructed by the branch manage to gt his separation pay from the office. Just to give you a piece of information. He served the company for about 33 years more or less. He was the company warehouse manager and then became the purchaser in charge of the branch before he retired from service. After working and devoting his time and his life, he received a separation pay worth 290,000++, an amount very small for a retiring man. I just can't imagine that the company only gave that amount to him, considering he served the company that long. After that, I made a promise to myself that I will never stay that long with the company. I have to make a decision and start a business of my own. We have to be wise right now. The time is ticking and we have to move fast.