Tuesday, February 10, 2009

CREATING OPPORTUNITIES RATHER THAN WAITING FOR ONE

My friend who is working in Dubai told me about her current situation and the situation of the company that she is working in right now. As we all know, Dubai is one of the richest countries in the middle east. It known for their deserts and amazing structure ever built bu top caliber engineers around the world. But all we think about the place is completely opposite of whats been going on right now. According to my friend, she is in the edge of losing her job and even others too because of the financial crisis that the world is experiencing right now. She is currently working at a garments factory and she has been employed there for the past 4 years already. The compny where is working is planning to cut the operating hours. Instead of 8 hours a day, it will be 4 hours a day. This is part of their being thrity in this crisis times. I think we should be wise nowadays. Let us not rely on the employers to make our future. But it is the best time to engage on something new. I think I would rather be a businessman than to be a employee for the rest of my glory days.