Saturday, January 24, 2009

A NEW WAY OF DINING AND A NEW SHOPPING DESTINATION

While waiting for my mother, I decided to have a short stop at San Pedro street near the city hall. There I found the best meals that can fit to anyone's budget. For 5 pesos, you can eat deep-fried chicken skins and 7 pieces fish balls, kwek-kwek(boiled egg coated with flour and fried until golden brown). These kind dishes are much called the street foods or budget meals. The store open at 7 pm when most of the store around are already closed. I think this is our night market equivalent to Hong Kong's famous night market and restaurants. Aside from the various foods around, there are also boutiques and UK apparels that you can buy. The prices are very affordable too and you can even ask for a special price for the product that you want. Used clothing and used shoes are the most displayed in the area. I noticed this one short pants. The price was 150 pesos. But asked for a special price for the price is still negotiable. After asking for adiscount, it was priced to me at 100 pesos only. Great discount right! Aside from that there are also other things around. Bags, belts, kitchen utensils, books and more are displayed here. All are used belongings. The street food was enough for me. I did not buy the shorts because of some personal reasons. I think I made the right decision. The display is until 10 pm. So for those who are in a budget, I guess you have to hurry for supply is limited. Happy shopping!