Friday, January 23, 2009

HOME SWEET HOME, BLOGGING OF THE HAPPENINGS

I just got home from my one week field trip in the provinces and it feels great to be finally blogging at home. In the province, I have to for the computer rental per hour. Even though it cost only 10 pesos per hour, still blogging at home is the best.

I happen to spoke to a driver of a public utility vehicle and talking to him was really worth it. He was only second year in college when he decided to stop schooling because he did not make it through the exam that his school requires to enroll in his third year. He was taking up computer science as his course in college.

In our talk, he was telling me about his new mp3 or mp4 player that he got from a computer shop in North Cotabato. It has a 1 gig memory and capable of storing about 400 songs. He was so happy about his gadget because he is the one who personally put songs into it using his personal computer. According to this guy, in north Cotabato alone, the ratio of one computer to a person is about 1:100. Well, I know that you are amazed by the figure. One computer to a hundred people. He was laughing about it because even though he has not finished his schooling, he is employed by the local municipal as an encoder of their computer documents. he only needs to report once a week, 3 hours and he is paid 1,500 a month as honorarium of his service rendered. He drives a public utility jeep from Midsayap to Pigkawayan, North Cotabato. He is only about 25-30 years old and he is happy on what he is doing at the moment.

Talking to different people is what I like best about my job. I get to be informed of their lives, which I don't even now their names. They just talk and I always listen to them talk.