Sunday, July 25, 2010

WELCOME REESE ARABELLA P. ROJAS

The long wait is finally over. I am now a certified father and my first daughter's name is Reese Arabella P. Rojas. Waiting for your wife to come out from the delivery room was not that easy at all. My wife was admitted on July 3 at Davao Doctors Hospital because when she went to her Obstetrician, she was checked that her cervix opening is already 1 cm. I know the fact the in order to give birth, a pregnant woman must have 10 cms before delivery. But the doctor told my wife that she needs to be admitted immediately so that they can monitor the progress of her delivery well. It was a Saturday and we were expecting the baby 2 weeks ahead of her schedule. All the things that will be needed in the hospital are prepared already.

On July 4, Sunday, the doctor told me that the progress of the delivery is quite slow as she expects it to be. From 1 cm it increased to 3 cm to following day. The doctor tole me that if the cervix won't open fast, she would request that we go home because the hospital is already charging by the day. My wife was still in the delivery room and the only means of communication was our cellphones. The hospital prohibits bringing cellular phones and even digital cameras because of their own reasons. But we decided not to follow that policy. We were rebel parents and the nurses and post graduate interns of the hospital were all connivance of our rebellious deeds.

The progress was really slow and the doctor decided to put some medicines so that contractions would increase rapidly. On Monday, my wife was already on 5-6 cm and that was already good. The doctor told me that she would bring the baby out because she does not want to prolong the stay of the baby. There might be complications and she would be forced to deliver on cesarean procedure of delivery. I was praying hard for my wife and baby. I was afraid that my wife be on cesarean delivery because I saw many patients on cesarean delivery and it was not desirable to see. I always asked the nurses about the condition and they were all very accommodating to my inquiries. I was already scarred and excited also of the condition of the delivery.

At night time, I was already vigilant of the developments of the baby. I kept walking to the delivery room door to check on my wife's progress. around 7 pm, the water bag was pricked and pain started to grow rapidly. According to my wife the pain was so much that she couldn't think of anything else. My wife opted not to go painless because she wanted to experience that joy of the pain of being a mother. I was just waiting for the final moment for the coming of the baby. The the long wait is over. Exactly 10 pm on July 5, 2010, Reese Arabella P. Rojas was born under normal delivery. Got some pictures and video from her first cry. The joy of being a father is beyond logic and explanations won't be enough to booked all the emotions of seeing your first child.