Saturday, June 19, 2010

HAPPY FATHERS DAY

When I was a child I can recall my mother preparing this foods for the day. I really don't understand much about it. Only mom would say that it is fathers day and she will be preparing food for the special day. We just cooperated with the occasion and enjoyed the sumptuous meals that were prepared in the table. I was 12 that day.

18 years after, I am going to be a father soon and this day is something worth remembering for me, first time dad. I am expecting my first child, daughter exactly, this coming July first week. The feeling of being a dad is something that I will never exchange for anything in this world. Honestly, I am scared of the fact that I am going to be a dad soon. Not because of the responsibilities, but the fact that you are going to cross the next stage of mans life, becoming a father.

Seeing my wife often makes me think about the coming days, the big day of my life. Being a dad is not something that you can pass on. It is an experience that you have to experience yourself. It is a good experience actually. Becoming a dad is something that is exciting and is worth remembering. I am just very happy to be in this stage of my life. To all fathers out there and fathers to be, Happy fathers day to all.