Monday, November 23, 2009

READING A WONDERFUL MAGAZINE

This is a hard admission that I am saying right now. I really don't read often such as books, newspapers or other reading materials. But this time something encourages me to read a magazine. The magazine was bought by my wife when she went to the grocery store for the grocery items for the house. It was K Magazine and it was owned by Kris Aquino. The magazine was not just the ordinary type of magazine that you can read. It has something inside it that motivates me to read it.

The magazine was all about Kris Aquino's experiences before and after the death of her mother, Cory Aquino. The magazine was very encouraging and full of lessons that we can share to others each day. I would admit that tears fell from my eyes as I read the magazine. In the magazine, it talks about the life when Cory Aquino was still alive. She was very down to earth and she lived a simple life. Despite her affluent family background, she was very mass in all her actions. I would say, she is one of the best presidents that the Philippine had.

Living in a life of affluence is tempting to change ones behavior toward others. Before Cory Aquino became the president, he was just a housewife. Her husband was the former senator Ninoy Aquino, who was assassinated in the international airport upon arrival from the USA. He was a hero. After his death, Cory Aquino took the responsibility in challenging the dictator. The election result was in favor for Ferdinand Marcos. But the people was sure that Cory Aquino won the election. That was the start of People Power Revolution.

There were so many things that happened in this year. Kris Aquino narrated the events in the magazine and said about the life with her mom and after her death. The Aquino family is slowly recovering from the death of their mother. I must that the magazine was the best magazine I ever red. I would really recommend this magazine to all.