Monday, March 2, 2009

SCHEDULED ENGINE OIL CHANGE

Last Sunday, I went to there car shop for a scheduled car check and oil change for my car. Changing of car oil and oil filter is just one of the things that could prevent future engine problem. Last engine oil change was last year. The car kilometer reading has already passed the 5000 kilometer run. For the engine oil, oil filter and installation labor cost me 1,395 pesos. For about 45 minutes the mechanic did all the change to my car and recorded the present kilometer reading and the next scheduled oil check. Before going to the car shop, I thought that the car's engine oil change should be after 10,000 kilometer run. Instead of making myself a mechanic, it would be better for the shop to determine the oil change. Now that the my car's engine oil is a new one, I really can feel the engine performance at it's best. When having a engine oil change, make sure that the oil that will be placed on your car is the exact oil, as specified in the car manual. The egine oil that was placed on my car was 15w-10 engine oil. This is the oil that is very ideal for sedans, just like my car. My Honda City 2003 is now in good and tough condition. I can travel again to the provinces using my car. I don't want any engine problem that might happen. It is because it is very costly to have a car repair.