Monday, February 2, 2009

WELCOME HOME

My wife is coming tonight. I have to prepare the food for tonight. My wife is working in Tagum City. She has to travel for about one hour just to get to Davao City. We have agreed to cut our expenditures. Instead of dining outside and spending around 300 a meal. We would cook our food and eat in our house to save the money. I think that is a very practical move for the both of us. For me, I have to prepare the food so that when she arrived, there is food prepared already. When my wife is here, she regularly cook the breakfast and the dinner meals. There are so many things that we agreed to do for this year and the major is the cutting of our expenses. Save and save for the rainy days. We are idolized the ants for they are the role model for those people who are saving.

In times like this, we need to be wise and be practical in every thing that we do. We must work within our budget and save the surplus of our income rather than spending it. The crisis around the world is now felt in every places, including in our city. My brother's wife might avail an early retirement because of the merger of their company to another. If the offer gets to 300%, then she would avail the early retirement. In our company, there are rumors about mass lay-off of workers. But that information is still unverified to this time. There will be no more probationary and new employees must undergo contractual system. This is the main consideration why me and my wife decided to save. We really don't know what would happen in the future. It is better to be prepared.