Friday, February 6, 2009

THE TOUCHING MOMENTS IN BLOGGING

I have been a blogger since 2007. My first reason why I went into this hobby was to earn money from every blog post that I write. Honestly, that was my reason. Well that reason became a reality. I earned much and was able to visit several places through the earnings that I got from my blog. But as they say, every thing has an end. That was an experienced that I felt. My blog used to have a page rank of 3. For starters like me, that was enough to bring the cash in. I received so many task to write and the figures were big, especially in the Philippine money. Converting dollars to peso was very material for me.

When I started blogging, the exchange rate was around 50 pesos to a dollar. I was so happy when the exchange rate or when the peso' purchasing power is low. it means more money for me. My page rank was removed last year in May. From page rank of 3 to 0. Painful and sad. The task were still there, but it was slowing down until I receive nothing. Imagine receiving 5,000 weekly and then nothing. That is a fact that when you loose to Page Rank you also loose the tasks for you. After, I was posting less and updating was not encouraging at all. But with the help of my partners, we survived.

Many new bloggers were asking for a link exchange but, I refused to allow that. My arrogant mind was shading me from developing new friendships with other bloggers. If a blog has no page rank, no link exchange will happen. I continue to post and post. Until I realized the true essence of blogging. making new friends and telling others about you. After realizing that, I started to make new acquaintances again with other bloggers. I even helped new ones by telling them what to do with their blogs. I was very visible to others now. I gave advices to others personal matters and beyond that. I am just glad that my advices toughed their lives and gave them reason to strive harder. I am expecting my page rank to be restored again by Google. Since that day has yet to come, I am just happy to blog and be blog by others. Thanks Reine.