Sunday, February 22, 2009

I AM NOT AFRAID TO SPEAK

Most of us are afraid to speak, especially in public. There are occasions where speaking is a must and we have to do it. The reason behind this is that we are afraid because we lack the confidence that is needed to speak. When we were in school, we were thought how to deliver a speech in public. In front of thousands of people, standing at the podium and talking about the things. This is my tip in order to get confident when giving a speech in front of many people.

1. Before the speaking engagement, master your speech.
2. Know what you are talking about.
3. Look at the audience, feel them.
4. An ice breaker is a good intro in delivering a speech.
5. Make sure that you are making a connection to your audience. Don't panic.
6. Relax your mind and free your thoughts.
7. Think positive always.
8. Think of the audience as little kids and you are the teacher.

With these simple tips, you can speak well and confident when you deliver your speech. I remember before in my college days, I always wanted to be the reporter of the report. It is because having an opportunity to speak is not given to all. I feel confident and I like what I'm doing. That is why, I always presented myself to be the reporter. Somebody has to do it when others tried to avoid it.