Wednesday, January 7, 2009

TIMEOUT FROM THE BUSY DAY OF WORKING

Me and my wife decided to take some timeout from our busy day and be together since she will be returning back to Tagum City for her work. Tagum City is about 1 hour and a half from Davao City. We dined at a local barbecue stand in Palma Gil street, near the Peoples Park. After having of dinner, we proceeded to Peoples Park. it was my first time to enter the park. The park was so clean and all things are organized. I told my wife that if the park stays this way, it would be like the park we saw in Parklane Avenue in Hong Kong.

I remember before when I was still in high school, I used to visit the the place where the park is situated. it was used to be called PTA grounds. It was the venue of all sporting events in the city. But the PTA grounds was not maintained well and it became the place of criminals and other bad elements of the society. That is why the present mayor decided to develop the place and create a park in the city. It was patterned in New York in USA.

The park is a good place to relax and meet new friends, since there are many people visiting the park. The place is totally different compared before and I am just happy that Davao City has a park just like this. It is truly something to be proud of.