Saturday, January 17, 2009

PART TIME JOB AS AN INSTRUCTOR IN DRIVING

I am already teaching driving lessons and my first student is my mother. Every Sunday, I make it sure that she practice her driving skills. The first time I taught her, she was grasping the information I am telling her. Well, that normal for beginners. When I was studying driving, I was often scolded by my brother. I was trying hard and eventually, everything he told me was the right thing. I adopted that and I cannot practice that to my first student, because she is my mother. Scolding her would mean that i no longer respect her. I am still a good son right. But I can live with that.

Aside from the practice driving, I am also orienting her about the rules and regulations and some key pointers for her written examination, as required by the Land and Transportation Office here in our city. The local office here is very strict and particular since the national office has mandated a strict guidelines for drivers. Before, bribing was very evident and rampant. You can have your driver's license by just paying. No examinations and no actual driving. if you have the money, you can have a driver's license immediately. After the computerized examination was implemented, there was a change in the system of getting a driver's license. But still, bribery is continuing in the Land Transportation Office.

This Sunday is another driving day. I usually bring the car to a nearby subdivision where there are few vehicles passing. I think the driving lesson will be in the early morning for the road is clear of vehicles. For 3 months every Sunday and holidays, my mother driving lesson happens. After my mother, I will be teaching driving lessons to my wife. She has already a drivers license but she can't drive, especially manual gear cars. She used to practice an automatic clutch vehicle. For me automatic clutch is no challenge. Practice makes perfect, teaching these students is a great challenge for me and I like it very well.