Friday, January 30, 2009

LUCKY TO BE IN MY POSITION

This afternoon, I was talking to one of my co-employee in our office. He has been working for the past 4 years with the company as a service driver and then warehouse aide. Before he was hired by the company, he used to drive P.U.J. or public utility jeep. He was talking about his life and the things he do just to make both ends meet. During Sundays, he drives a taxi and pays the rent of the vehicle at 450 pesos a day. I saw his dues in our canteen and the figures was very big to fit to his monthly salary. he earns around 2,000 every pay day. A figure very small to feed his three kids and pay the utility bills in his home. That is why he needs to have an extra income. Last December, there many holidays and according to my friend, instead of resting in the holidays, he drove a taxi just to have an extra income. After our talk, he went back to the warehouse to do his job as a warehouse aide.

This I realized, that this person is striving hard to make more money to bring to his family. With the debts that he owes, he really needs to work hard. I would describe my friend a jolly and friendly person. He is just around 4'11" in height and medium built in his body. I wish I could be an instrument in helping this guy and others too who are in the same position just like friend. I am be lucky to be in my position right now.