Monday, December 29, 2008

STREET DEBATE

I was roaming around Rizal park and noticed several people gathered. In my curiosity, I went to see what is going on. I saw 3 guys holding a bible. They were taking turns in speaking and refuting each others point of view. Aside from the three, there were also others, listening to these three guys as they deliver their arguments. In loud voice, screaming and laughing was very evident to the crowd. In my opinion, the bible is something that an individual, with less knowledge about the book, should never try to interpret what is written there. Let the scholars do that. To interpret the bible, one should be guided with the holy spirit and divine wisdom. Street debate such as this happens almost everyday in Rizal Park. It was really quite a show, a circus even.