Friday, November 16, 2007

QUALITY TIME

A 5 year old son talking to his father in the evening.
-Son: Hello dad! Can I ask you something?
-Dad: Sure just make it quick because I am reviewing my report that I will be submitting tomorrow when I report to the office.
-Son: I know that you are very busy and I would like to ask you how much are you paid in a single day?
-Dad: Hmm, 700 a day. why are you asking me?
-Son: Nothing. Good night dad ( kiss his father and went straight to bed).
The following night. Father arrives late in the evening from work. His son is waiting at the living room.
-Son: Good evening dad. I guess you are very tired from work. Can you lend me 20.00 because I have something to buy?
-Dad: Okay. So what is this thing you are planning to buy?
-Son: It's a secret on what I am planning to buy. I promise to tell you immediately when I have enough savings to buy the secret project of mine.
-Dad: Okay. Here is your 20.00 let me know if you are ready to buy it.
-Son: Thanks that you're the best (kiss his father and went straight to bed).
Every night the son would wait for his father and ask for a 20.00 until one night.
-Son: Hello dad! can you lend me 20.00 for my project?
-Dad: Why are you keep on asking for 20.00 everytime I arrive from office? This project of yours, I think this is just one of those toy robots that you saw in the toy shop and you keep on asking me for a 20. I will not lend you the amount unless you tell me about this project that you are planning to buy.
-Son: I am saving so that I can pay for the project.
-Dad: What pay! (in a high tone).
-Son: I am raising enough money so that I can afford to pay you the amount you are earning in a single day and spend the entire day with you dad.
A simple story. Many lessons learned.