Monday, November 19, 2007

A PHONE IS HARD TO FIND

I was in Pigkawayan North Cotabato this morning. I visited an outlet store that was purchasing our oil product. When I get there, the owner was not around and the store helpers told to me that the owner has just left the store and will be back in the afternoon. I looked at the form that the store submitted in our office and I saw a contact number. It was raining heavy and I have to stay at the side of the road for shelter, hard life right. As the rain slowed I immediately looked for a phone to contact the owner, informing that I will be visiting in the store. As I was looking around, I noticed that mostly establishments have no phones (direct line). There were no phone booths. As I searched, a store far from the market area has a phone line and it was a relief for me that there is one phone that I can use. I called the customer immediately informing that I will be visiting her outlet.
I realized that 1 out of 25 stores in the area Pigkawayan North Cotabato is using the service of a direct phone line connection. Mostly people in the area are using their cellular phones to get and stay connected with their families and loved ones. It would be very hard if there where no cellular phones around in the area.