Monday, November 9, 2009

ROAD ACCIDENTS CAN HAPPEN ANYTIME

My late decisions made me realized that I have to meet somebody important tonight. It was my plan last Sunday to meet with Oneal, the person who was renting at the commercial space that I am managing. When I was there last Sunday, Oneal was not there. So I told his cousin that I will be back on Monday.

I prepared myself and put on some clothes and start the car ignition. I was on a stoplight when I noticed a fast moving motorcycle sounding strong as it approach me. I was not able to look at the plate number because the motorcycle was so fast, like he was on a hurry and going to meet somebody just like me. I left him to pass me, as I was making a sharp right turn, I noticed a taxi on hold and the hazard light was lit. I slowly passed the taxi and noticed a motorcycle and the rider on the ground. Then I realized, that was the motorcycle that was raging fast passed me. The driver was unconscious and the bike was a wreck. A few minutes later, the 911 rescue team was already on the scene and gave first aid to the driver of the motorcycle.

I immediately realized that road safety should always comes first. If I chased the motorcyle, I probably might be the one that hit it and caused bodily injury to the driver of the motorcycle. Just a piece of advise to all, always practice defensive driving at all times. It may save lives and protect propery from damages due to car or vehicular accidents.