Tuesday, January 27, 2009

CHEF FOR THE NIGHT

The rain went down as if heaven was angry to all people living here on earth. I think that is the exact phrase to describe the rain awhile ago. Me and my wife were on a taxi and the road was so jammed with vehicles rushing to get to their destination fast and sound. We were bringing the photo album, picture frame and the pictures of our wedding when the rain started to pour. I thought it would rain the entire night. For about 1 hour of pouring, the rain slowly went away.

Arriving at our house, there was no meal for our dinner and it is about 8:30 pm. I volunteered myself to do the cooking for the night. I decided to cook Pancit or much known as shanghai noodles. It's been quite sometime now that I haven't cook this kind of dish. I bought a pack of this dish at the mall. In the pack, all the things that you will be needing were already there, sliced and ready to cook. Instead of slicing meat, I used ground pork. it is because it is fast and convenient. Many restaurants here in our city are using ground pork because of this. Cooking is fast when using ground pork. No more slicing meat.

I started cooking around 8:35pm and I finished cooking at exactly 8:50 pm. I thought I was cooking it at a salty style but when I asked my companions, it was just perfect for their taste. I tried before cooking soup and the result was like a sea. It means that the soup was very salty just like the sea. it was a trauma for me and since then I temporarily stopped cooking, especially soups and noodle dishes.

After tonight's cooking, I think I should continue my cooking. Ever since cooking was really on of my passions and since I love to eat, I must learn how to cook.