Tuesday, December 2, 2008

NURSES SERVICE FOR FREE

Last week, my mother-in-law was admitted to a private, tertiary level, hospital. She was on their executive wing of the hospital. This part of the hospital is an exclusive place where nurse apprentices are not allowed to enter thus, making the place exclusive to patients and watchers only. At the nurse station of the executive wing of the hospital, I noticed two registered nurses wearing white uniforms and the others were wearing colored ones. Out of my curiosity, I asked one of the nurse that was sitting on the station. There I discovered that nurses that were wearing colored uniforms were hired by the hospital. while those nurses wearing white uniforms were paying the hospital to let them practice their profession as nurses. Its a hard to swallow reality about nurses right now. Instead of being paid for their services rendered, they are the ones paying the hospital for their work rendered.